Evan-Moor Smart Start Read & Write Workbook for Kids: Product Review
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
Help Your Child Become a Reader and Writer
Help your child become a reader and writer with Smart Start: Read and Write! Developed by teachers, the colorful activities provide the perfect combination of fun and practice to give your child the foundation needed for academic success.
In fact, Smart Start: Read and Write is so fun, your child will likely ask to work on the lessons without even being prompted to do so – at least that was the case for Miss 6. She enjoyed working on the activities and told me they were “really fun.”
Smart Start: Read and Write is teacher developed, kid-tested, and parent-approved. 🙂
The grade 1 Smart Start: Read and Write
How Does Smart Start: Read and Write Keep Your Child’s Interest?
- Accelerate your child’s reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons help your child increase reading and vocabulary with word families.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
The activity book is organized into weekly lessons around word families such as “an” and “at” and “
Every themed unit follows a similar format and includes:
- Alphabet stories: Introduce two word family patterns and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Spell It! activities: Focus on writing and vocabulary.
- Write It! activities: Provide practice reading and writing simple sentences.
- Read It! activities: Provide reading and reading comprehension practice.
- Find It! activities: Provide fun word searches around the word families of the week.
- Let’s Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your child’s understanding of word families and provides additional practice.
Practice Important First-Grade Skills in Smart Start: Read and Write, Such As:
- Writing and reading simple words and sentences
- Identifying word family patterns
- Reading comprehension
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills
Smart Start: Read and Write also includes an answer key in the back of the book.
Why You’ll Love Smart Start: Read and Write:
- Short, easy to follow lessons that will hold your child’s interest
- Colorful pages
- Just the right amount of repetition
- Variety of activities
- Fun and engaging graphics
- Easy to follow instructions
- Your child will learn new skills joyfully because of how fun the workbook is!
After seeing how excited Miss 6 was to work on the pages in the workbook, I would highly recommend this workbook to others. Whether you homeschool or are looking for supplemental work for your traditionally schooled child, this workbook is a must!
I loved the variety of activities – from writing words and sentences to drawing, coloring, and reading.
If you’d like to see inside the book, I highly recommend checking out Evan-Moor’s website here. You can flip through the book and easily see the pages of the workbook.
If you enjoyed this post, please share on social media. Or, pin this to save it.
What else would you like to see from The Art Kit? Let us know in the comment section below.
This book was given to us so that we could review it but as always, our opinion is 100% our own.