How to Make a Wool Felt Pom Pom Garland
Felt pom pom garlands. They’re everywhere! Have you tried making your own? It’s sooooo easy! We’ll admit we were a bit imtimidated at first but once we saw how easy it was to make our own, we were hooked and we know you will be too! Read on for the easy DIY on how to make your own felt pom pom garland.
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
Supplies you’ll need for this wool pom pom garland DIY:
- Wool pom poms (these are the wool balls we used)
- Etsy also sells a lot of really neat wool balls – different shapes too – such as hearts and stars
- Long sharp needle
- Embroidery thread
- Washi tape or small hooks to use to display your garland
To make the wool pom pom garland:
- Decide on a pattern (or you can opt for a random pattern).
- Thread your needle with the embroidery thread that coordinates with the wool balls you selected.
- Cut your thread (we made ours about 8 feet long).
- Poke your needle through the middle of the ball and push the needle and thread all the way through.
- Continue threading the wool balls until your garland has reached your desired length.
- Remove the needle from the thread and string up your garland.
- You can space the balls a bit or leave them right next to each other. There’s no need to tie the ends either – the wool balls will stay put. So easy, right? We are officially hooked!
- Get creative and have fun!
If you enjoyed this post, please share on social media. Or, pin this to save it.
What else would you like to see from The Art Kit? Let us know in the comment section below.
Want more? Be sure to check out some of our fun spring activities.