Easy, No-Mess St. Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
St. Patrick’s Day is getting close and we have been enjoying St. Patrick’s Day games, slime, and crafts in anticipation of the holiday. Today, we’re sharing our super simple, no-mess St. Patrick’s Day shamrock craft with you. To learn how to make these cuties, please continue reading below.
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
If you’re rounding up fun crafts and activities to do with the kids this St. Patrick’s Day – you will definitely want to add this fun St. Patrick’s Day craft to your list!
Supplies you’ll need for this St. Patrick’s Day craft:
- Printer paper or cardstock (we prefer cardstock for this craft but regular printer paper would probably work fine if that’s what you have)
- Shamrock cookie cutter
- Washi tape
- Pen or pencil
- Yarn (optional)
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Glue (optional)
How to make your shamrock craft:
- Lay your cookie cutter on your paper and trace the outside of it with your pen or pencil.
- You can trace several shamrocks on the sheet of paper and either give the full sheet to your child or cut them out roughly (don’t cut out the shamrock shape yet).
- Invite your child to place green and gold washi tape on their shamrock. Overlapping and random tapping both work well!
- Once they have covered their shamrock shape with tape, it’s time to cut it out.
- If you’d like to add yarn to hang it, simply turn the shamrock over and tape a piece of yarn on the back.
- You could also add googly eyes or a face to your shamrock.
- If you’d like to turn the shamrock into a puppet, hot glue a
popsilestick to the back.
This is such a terrific craft to work on those fine motor skills and there is no mess involved so it’s perfect to work on when you’re not feeling up to a huge craft mess. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post, please share on social media. Or, pin this to save it.
What else would you like to see from The Art Kit? Let us know in the comment section below.
Want more? Be sure to check out some of our other fun St. Patrick’s Day activities.