Winter 2D Shape Cards – Printable Pack
If you’re working on 2D shapes, you will love these winter shape cards. They’re perfect to use as a matching game, to display in the schoolroom, or to use with playdough.
Please continue reading below to see how you can download this 2D shape printable pack.
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
Supplies you’ll need for these printables:
- Printer paper or cardstock
- Laminator (optional)
- Scissors or paper cutter
- Corner rounder (optional)
How to Use These 2D Shape Cards
- Print out the sheets, laminate them, and cut out each card.
- Instruct your child to fill the inside of each shape with playdough. They’ll love squishing the dough to fill inside each shape and will get the added sensory benefit while learning.
- They could also trace the letters of each word or the outline of each shape with a dry erase marker.
- Or, use a salt tray and invite your child to trace each shape they see on the card in sand.
- You could even turn this into a matching game by printing two sets of the cards.
Money and time saving tip:
We signed up for the HP Instant Ink program over a year ago and absolutely love it! They offer several different plans (such as $4.99 for 100 pages a month) and will automatically send you new cartridges before you even need them.
We are now saving SO MUCH money (and time) on ink and I don’t feel guilty about printing out new printables and playdough mats each day. If you want to check it out, ordering through our link here will give you 1 free month.
You can use just about any HP printer but we’ve been using this compact one and absolutely love it! The color is gorgeous and matches my decor (we’ll call that a win!) and the size is smaller than any printer I’ve ever owned which is great for small spaces (or living room/dining room offices).
Between HP Instant Ink and our compact printer, my printing life truly has become so much easier to print all these fun playdough mats and activity sheets we’ve been making lately.
To round the corners as we did, we recommend this corner punch. It was such a great investment and is used all the time! It works great on everything from printer paper and cardstock to laminated paper. It really takes the printables to the next level! Also, it’s nice not to have to worry about getting poked with those sharp corners.
Extend the Fun with These Adorable Finds:
How to Access this 2D Shape Card Pack:
To gain access to this printable pack, please click here.
If you enjoyed this post, please share on social media. Or, pin this to save it.
What else would you like to see from The Art Kit? Let us know in the comment section below.
Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter, and please sign up for our newsletter to receive updates and FREE printables.