The Best Games to Play to Learn about the U.S. States + Capitals
This post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase through our link.
The Best Games to Learn about the United States!
Are you learning about states and capitals? We’ve compiled the absolute best games to play to help your little learners study their states and capitals in a FUN way!
Whether you’re big into gameschooling or just enjoy family game night, these state games are sure to be a big hit for your family!
Scholastic Race Across the USA Game
- Learn about our country in this fun new board game
- Visit six states, answer geography questions, then get back to your home state to win
- Questions are geared to each player’s grade level
- Kids 8 and up from different grades can play together on an even field
Winning Moves Games Game of The States, Can You Sell The Most from Coast to Coast?
- The challenge: game of the states challenges players to race their trucks back and forth across the country – buying products in some States and selling them in other States.
- Updated version: contains fun and educational STEM facts about each state. Can you guess which state is considered the southernmost Northern state, and the northernmost Southern state?
- Draw your state card: as each state card is drawn, player reads aloud the STEM fact at the bottom of the card. A fun way to learn these interesting nuggets of information about each state!
- Sell the most from Coast to Coast: game continues until all packages are removed from the board. Player with the most money wins. They even include a simplified Junior version aimed at 6-7 year olds!
- Included: bi-fold gameboard, deck of 50 state cards, 4 plastic truck movers, a pad of play money, 16 wood packages, spinner and instructions. Appropriate for 2-4 players, recommended age 8+
eeBoo United States Bingo Game for Kids
- For ages 5 years and up
- Includes 6 bingo game cards, 84 playing pieces, and cloth bag for storing the pieces
- Playing pieces feature icons symbolizing key industries and wildlife associated with each state
- Additional information about the states can be found on the back of each card
- A fun and educational game to introduce kids to United States geography
Gamewright The Scrambled States of America Game
Quick! Find a state that ends with the letter A. Now find one that borders Tennessee. Have fun learning about the United States in this madcap game of observation and quick reflexes. Collect state cards by matching them to a Scramble challenge. Or “Go the Distance” and find a state’s closest neighbor. Win the most cards and call yourself the Head of States! New deluxe edition features new art, new challenges, and a copy of ‘The Scrambled States of America’ book!
GeoBingo USA Educational Geography Board Game
- BINGO GONE BETTER – What could make the classic, best board game of bingo even better? Geography! GeoBingo USA is a riotous family game and educational game that livens up learning the US states and capitals.
- FAST FACTS – GeoBingo USA includes cards that show the land area, population and nickname of each US state and capital. This means fast geography facts and fast fun with the best board game around!
- GET 5 STATES – It is easy to play GeoBingo USA. Just flip a card, put a bingo chip on your board if you have a spot that matches, and keep watching your board. The first one to get five states in a row gets bingo!
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED – GeoBingo USA family game and educational game comes in a box with everything you need: 8 GeoBingo boards, 50 cards of the US states and capitals, and 75 bingo chips. For ages 4 and up.
- CELEBRATING CURIOSITY – At Geotoys, they believe that kids are naturally curious about the world. By making geography fun, we hope to develop that curiosity and to create global citizens!
- Geotoys believes that kids are naturally curious about the world. By making geography fun, Geotoys hopes to develop that curiosity and help create global citizens.
Jax Sequence States and Capitals
- Travel the U.S.A The sequence way!
- This version of the classic game of sequence helps you learn States and capitals!
- Match your state card to the same State, shape and color on the board and place a chip on the space – get five in a row for a sequence and the win!
- A great game to enjoy with your family
- For 2-12 players, ages 7 and up
The Scholastic USA Game Tin
- Learn about the USA!
- Fill your brain with state names, capitals, nicknames, and facts
- The sturdy tin makes this game fun for the road!
- Challenge cards let you steal matches from other players
- For 2 to 4 players, ages 6 and up
U.S.A. Bingo Game
- Identify all 50 states, capitals, logos, dates of admission; boost geography and history skills.
- Traditional 5 x 5 grid format can be played 8 ways to meet the needs of learners of all abilities.
- Fun for large or small group use. This game can be used as a clever formative assessment tool!
- Set includes 36 playing cards, 720 paper-stock playing chips, caller’s mat and cards. Ages 8 & up.
- 36 different single-sided playing cards
- Traditional 5 x 5 grid
- Playing chips, calling cards, caller’s mat included
- Boost geography and history skills
- Great for classroom and home use
Explore the 50 States Board Game
- Explore the 50 States from Maine to Hawaii – and all points in between.
- Travel cards add a fun twist – moving players forward or backward on their adventure.
- Explore the people and places that make the United States such a unique country.
- Additional facts are included on the cards to make the topics more interesting.
- Question cards teach kids interesting facts about the geography and history of the fifty states
Don't Miss Out! Get Your Freebies!
Subscribe today to be notified of member-only updates + gain instant access to our resource library of FREE printables.