The Absolute Best Places to Get FREE or Inexpensive Books for Kids
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information
The BEST Places to Find FREE or Inexpensive Books for Kids!
Looking for some great deals on books for kids? If you love books but want to find the best deals before you bring those new titles home, be sure to check out our list of the best places to find free or inexpensive books for children.
- Bookoutlet.com – Get a $10 coupon on your next purchase of $35 or more by clicking here. They have AMAZING deals on books but can sell out quickly so if you see a book you want – snag it! Note: It does take up to a minute for the the coupon to pop up on their site so if you don’t see it at first, give it a bit.
- Homeschool Buy/Sell Groups on Facebook
- Used books on Amazon.com
- eBay used book bundles – I have seen books sell for pennies on eBay!
- Garage sales
- Library book sales – We’ve found some great deals at our local library during their book sales
- Facebook marketplace
- Free Little Libraries – These are popping up all over the country! I have yet to see one but they have become very popular recently.
- Local thrift stores
- Marshalls – I have actually found some great book deals at
- Scholastic – Join as a teacher if you homeschool and purchase brand new books for just $1 or less!
- Scribd.com – one of our absolute favorite places for audio and digital books. Get two free months here.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library – While this is not available in every area, it’s worth checking out!
- Barnes and Noble – Shop the sales and don’t forget to use your educator’s discount to save even more. During the summer they often offer a reading program where you can get select books for free.
- Thriftbooks.com – One of the most popular online shopping sites for books I’ve heard.
What is your favorite place to find great deals on books? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Also, while we’re on the subject of books – what is your all-time favorite book for children? Leave a comment below – we’d love to know!