Kelp Forest Ocean Craft with Free Printable
Yippee! We’re back with another ocean-themed printable for you today! As you may have noticed, working through the Ocean Guide by The Peaceful Press has really jump started our imaginations and lead to all sorts of fun ocean-themed crafts and activities. Today we’re sharing a super adorable ocean craft for you!
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
If you’re rounding up fun crafts and activities to do with the kids for your next ocean themed unit study or morning basket, you will definitely want to add this fun seashell math game to your list!
Supplies you’ll need for this activity:
- Green and blue cardstock
- Green yarn
- Watercolor paint, crayons, markers, or tissue paper
- Tacky glue
- Printable sea animals
- Seashells (optional)
To make the kelp forest:
- Print out the sea animal printable.
- Cut them out and watercolor paint them, color them with crayons, or cover them with balled-up small bits of tissue paper.
- While they dry … cut out random wavy strips of green paper. Glue them to a sheet of blue cardstock.
- Glue strips of green yarn on top of the green strips.
- Overlap randomly. Have fun! It doesn’t have to be planned out or look perfect.
- Glue the sea animals on top of the kelp.
- You could also slice a bit of the kelp, attach the sea animals to popsicle sticks, and make your own kelp forest puppet show.
Save Money on Printing
If you’d like to save money on printing, I encourage you to check out HP Instant Ink. I’ve been using them for years and have saved SO MUCH money! It’s easy too – they know when your ink levels are running low and automatically send you new cartridges!
In fact, they gave me an exclusive unique link to share with you! You can try them out by clicking here and you’ll get one month free! Check out HP Instant Ink here.
To round the corners on printables, we recommend this corner punch. It was such a great investment and is used all the time! It works great on everything from printer paper and cardstock to laminated paper. It really takes the printables to the next level! Also, it’s nice not to have to worry about getting poked with those sharp corners.
How to Get this FREE Printable
If you are already a current newsletter subscriber, click here. If you are not a current newsletter subscriber, please sign up for our newsletter here.
The kids have been having such a blast with this roll and count shell game! Be sure to sign up for our newsletter list so you are the first to know when new themes are released.
If you enjoyed this post, please share on social media. Or, pin this to save it.
What else would you like to see from The Art Kit? Let us know in the comment section below.
Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter, and please sign up for our newsletter to receive updates and FREE printables.