Just Launched! By Music in our Homeschool: A Folk Song a Week – Online Course!
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information
I am so excited to announce that Music in our Homeschool, one of the best resources to help you include music in your homeschool, has a new course- “A Folk Song a Week”!
They’ve just finished putting the finishing touches on it and are offering a 40% off coupon for the course (valid from August 26 to September 3).
What is “A Folk Song a Week?”
- 36 Folk Songs, so you can learn one per week during the school year.
- Videos from YouTube and of Gena Mayo singing the songs
- Background information
- Links to PDF of lyrics and sheet music
- Book ideas (living books, board books)
- Copywork & coloring pages
- Variety of song types: historical, silly, foreign language, holiday, spirituals, etc.
- Only $27
Here are the songs your children will learn:
- All the Pretty Little Horses
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Buffalo Gals
- Danny Boy
- De Colores
- Down By the Bay
- Down by the Riverside
- Erie Canal
- Follow the Drinking Gourd
- Frère Jacques
- Hava Nagila
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail
- Home on the Range
- Hush Little Baby
- I’ve Been Working on the Railroad
- Let There Be Peace on Earth
- Lullaby and Good Night (German Cradle Song/ Brahms’s Lullaby)
- Make New Friends But Keep the Old
- Oh Susanna
- Old Dan Tucker
- On Top of Old Smoky
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Scarborough Fair
- She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain
- Skip to My Lou
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- The Water is Wide
- There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- There’s a Hole in the Bucket
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- You are My Sunshine
See a free preview lesson here. After clicking on the link, scroll down until you see the title “curriculum.” There you will find a list of what is included in the course and a few will say “preview.” Click on those to see a preview of the course.
Head over to get “A Folk Song a Week” online course for elementary for 40% off this week only! (Use code FOLKSONGLAUNCH. Ends 9/3/19.)
Also, don’t forget that now through August 31, 2019, you can save 20% off any (or all) courses by using the coupon code THEARTKIT at checkout.
What is a folk song? Learn more from Music in our Homeschool + listen to a couple folk songs.
You can also enter the giveaway for this course by clicking here.
Here are all of the available courses:
- 15-Minute Music Lessons for Elementary
- Intro to Musicals for Elementary
- State Songs of the 50 U.S. States for Elementary
- Music of Christmas for Elementary
- Music for Holidays & Special Days for Elementary
- Music Appreciation: Middle Ages Thru Classical Era for High School
- Romantic Music Appreciation for High School
- 20th Century Music Appreciation for High School
- 10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ An Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades
- A Year of Charlotte Mason Music Lessons for All Ages
- Charlotte Mason Music and Shakespeare Bundle for All Ages
- Great Hymns of the Faith for All Ages
- Sampler Music Appreciation Mini Course for All Ages
- 100 Delightful Classical Music Pieces Mini-Course for All Ages
- Music Instrument Notebooking Pages set for All Ages
- Music Playlists for Homemaking for Moms
See all the courses here.
Friday 23rd of August 2019
Looks like you have great lesson plans! Im excited for our 1st family piano! Thanks for sharing!
Wednesday 21st of August 2019
This program looks exciting! I know my grandson would love it!
Tuesday 20th of August 2019
Tuesday 20th of August 2019
This looks like a lot of fun!
Julia A Cosgrove
Monday 19th of August 2019
This program looks and sounds fantastic!