HUGE Apple Orchard FREEBIE! Printable 30+ Page Activity Pack for Kids
Our free printable 30+ page apple orchard activity printable pack for kids is fun and educational!
These apple picking worksheets are no prep and loads of fun for children of all ages!
We even included a fun video to go along with this apple orchard printable pack! You’ll find the link to that below!
You can use it as an apple unit study, in a morning basket, as a fun activity for the younger children to work on while homeschooling the older ones, or as fun worksheets to use while on the go (running errands, etc.).
💜 Remember to look for the big purple button below to download this freebie! 💜
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
We’ve included more than 30 pages of educational and fun apple orchard worksheet printables, including:
- An apple calendar
- Apple orchard picture puzzles
- 10 frames
- Read, trace, and write words
- Apple picking graphing
- Apple word search
- Apple coloring page
- Creative writing assignment
- Much more!
Continue reading below to download these free apple orchard printables today.
Picking apples at an orchard can be a fun and rewarding experience. Here are some tips to make the most of your apple-picking adventure:
- Check the Orchard’s Hours and Availability: Before you head to the orchard, make sure you know their operating hours and whether they have the type of apples you want to pick. Some orchards may also have specific picking seasons.
- Dress Appropriately: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes suitable for walking around in an orchard. Depending on the weather and the time of year, you may need sunscreen, a hat, or layers to stay warm.
- Bring Your Own Supplies:
- Bags or Baskets: Bring your own containers for collecting apples. Many orchards provide bags or baskets, but it’s a good idea to have your own just in case.
- Water: Stay hydrated, especially if you plan on spending a lot of time in the orchard.
- Snacks: Pack some snacks to keep your energy up.
- Follow Orchard Rules: Pay attention to any rules and guidelines set by the orchard. These may include where you’re allowed to pick, any restrictions on tree climbing, and whether you can bring pets.
- Choose the Right Apple Varieties: Different apples have different flavors and uses. Ask the orchard staff for recommendations or check their website for information on which varieties are ripe and ready to pick.
- Inspect Apples Carefully: When picking, look for apples that are free from bruises, blemishes, or insect damage. Gently twist or lift the apple upwards to remove it from the tree. Don’t pull too hard or shake the tree, as this can damage both the tree and the apples.
- Respect the Trees: Be gentle with the apple trees. Avoid breaking branches or damaging the tree in any way. If you need to reach a high apple, consider using a fruit picker or asking an orchard staff member for assistance.
- Stay Safe on Ladders: If ladders are provided for picking high apples, use them carefully. Make sure they’re stable and on level ground.
- Ask Questions: Don’t hesitate to ask orchard staff for guidance or information about the apples, the orchard, or any other questions you may have.
- Pay Attention to Signs: Follow signs indicating which rows or sections are open for picking, as well as any special instructions.
- Be Mindful of Others: Be courteous to fellow pickers. Share the space and be patient if others are picking in the same area.
- Enjoy the Experience: Apple picking is not just about getting apples; it’s also about enjoying the outdoors, the fresh air, and the beauty of the orchard. Take your time and savor the experience.
- Pay for What You Pick: Most orchards operate on an honor system where you pay for the apples you pick. Be honest about the number and type of apples you’ve picked and settle your bill before leaving.
- Plan for Storage: Have a plan for storing your apples when you get home. Apples can be kept in a cool, dark place or in the refrigerator to extend their freshness.
- Consider Making Apple Products: If you have an abundance of apples, think about making apple pies, applesauce, or apple cider. It’s a great way to enjoy your harvest.
Apple picking can be a delightful fall activity for individuals and families alike. Enjoy your time at the orchard and the delicious apples you bring home!
Enjoy watching this apple orchard field trip video while you work on your apple orchard activity sheets!
Save Money on Printing
If you’d like to save money on printing, I encourage you to check out HP Instant Ink. I’ve been using them for years and have saved SO MUCH money! It’s easy too – they know when your ink levels are running low and automatically send you new cartridges!
Supplies you may need
How to Get this FREE Printable
<<<<< Need help accessing the free printables from our blog? Please see our FAQ page. TIP: Once you have subscribed, you will never need to sign up again (assuming you don’t unsubscribe); simply log in to the resource library below by using the password provided in our most recent email (the password changes from time to time so please open our emails often to ensure continual access to our free resource library).💜