6 Ways to Destress When You Don’t Have the Time
Stress is something so many of us know all too well. Even when you don’t have a lot of time, it is important to reduce your stress as much as possible. So, the next time you are feeling stressed out, try one of these simple techniques to kick stress to the curb!
How to Reduce Your Stress
1. Take deep breaths. It is amazing what a few deep breaths will do. Breathe slowly through your nose, hold it for a second or two, and breathe out deeply through your mouth. Repeat this several times. I often find that I will start yawning once I start taking deeper breaths. In fact, deep breaths have not only been shown to lower stress, but they’ve also been shown to slow the heartbeat and lower or stabilize blood pressure.
2. Think of your favorite place to be. Imagine yourself there. Spend a few minutes really envisioning yourself there, relaxing, feeling contentment, being at peace. Whether it’s a meadow full of flowers, on a sandy beach, or nestled on your sofa with a fuzzy blanket, this is an easy way to quickly lower your stress levels.
3. Change your environment. Sometimes just something as simple as changing what you are doing can help reduce your stress levels. Move to a different room, get outside, change your space – change your environment and leave your stress behind.
4. Take a walk or spend some time in the sunshine. If you can do both at the same time, even better! Not only does walking boost stress-busting endorphins, but being in nature has also been linked to stress reduction.
5. Pray. Ask God for help. Know that you can give all your worries to Him – nothing is bigger than God. Remember Philippians 4:6 – “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
6. Have a warm cup of tea or coffee (or a cold drink depending on the weather). In fact, researchers have found that “drinking tea lowers levels of the stress hormone cortisol.”
Affiliate links have been included for your convenience. Please see our full disclosure if you’d like more information.
So, the next time you feel your stress levels starting to rise, try to incorporate one of these six tips and watch your stress melt away. What do you do to reduce your stress? Leave us a comment below and let us know.
You May Also Like These Stress Reducers
Practicing Mindfulness: 75 Essential Meditations to Reduce Stress, Improve Mental Health, and Find Peace in the Everyday
Get on the path to a calmer life with fast, easy, mindful meditations and exercises that work.
From finding your breath to feeling grounded, these practice-based exercises make integrating mindfulness into your routine easy. With over 75 essential meditations―that take between 5-20 minutes from start to finish―Practicing Mindfulness is an approachable way to apply mindfulness in your day-to-day life.
Practical Meditation for Beginners: 10 Days to a Happier, Calmer You
Master 10 meditation techniques in 10 days with the step-by-step method in Practical Meditation for Beginners.
The key to building a solid meditation practice is in the practice itself. From Zen and Vipassana to walking meditations and body scans, the simple practices outlined in Practical Meditation for Beginners make it easy to build an ongoing meditation routine that is best for you.
TheraFlow Foot Massager Roller
There is nothing better than a great foot massage and this little gadget will ensure you get one!