DIY MileSTONES for Baby and Mama
Today we’re sharing a fun way to celebrate the weekly/monthly milestones of pregnancy and baby. With a few simple supplies, you can create a one-of-a-kind way to track and remember your baby’s growth, from pregnancy through baby’s first year.
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links.
What You’ll Need
Letter stickers (optional)
Mod Podge (optional)
What to Do
1. Gather your stones, wash, and dry them. We opted for smooth, flat stones.
2. Choose a few complementary colors to paint your stones. Then, paint your stones in one of these colors.
3. Once your first coat of paint has dried, squeeze your selected colors onto your sponge. You could use a sponge dabber, a natural sea sponge, or even cut up a clean kitchen sponge to use.
4. Dab your sponge all around the top and sides of your stone. You could also paint the underside once the top and sides of your stone has dried.
5. Repeat the process for each stone. We chose a different color combination for each stone to add variety.
6. Once your stones have dried, it’s time to add the number stickers.
7. Next, it’s time to create your “weeks” stone or “months” stone. We decided to create one of each. We also used one of our larger stones to spell out baby’s name to make our mileSTONES even more personalized.
8. Coat your completed stones in Mod Podge, if desired.
9. Once your stones are complete, it’s time to use them to track your baby’s growth! You could hold the stones in front of your pregnant belly during photo sessions to easily track your weekly or monthly growth. Then, once baby arrives, you can place them beside baby to show baby’s weekly or monthly growth.
Does this project inspire you to create your own mileSTONES? Let us know in the comment section below!
We’d love to see your mileSTONES! Tag us on social media #theartkit. Please share on social media or pin for later!